Thursday, March 3, 2011

change of tone

so this post is a little different since for once I am gonna try to be serious. It is a matter that I have tried to ignore but every time I think about it (and it does cross my mind a lot) I get sad, disappointed, annoyed......just confused really.
So I was seeing this guy at my school since October I guess, I liked him, he liked me but somewhere around mid Christmas we stopped speaking...well i must admit I did not push it..because i wasnt sure i was returning this semester, so i was pretty much cool with leaving things as they were. When I came back however we seem to have started where we left of!...ahh contentment
Only after he told me something really private he stop talking to me
Now I have a SERIOUS problem when people stop talking to me; I'd rather you say " hey i dont wanna talk right now!" instead of me trying to communicate whether it be texts, or fb or phone calls and you not responding. Breakups are a part of life..correct and I am mature enough to accept when something is over.
I avoided the bar, where we'd hang out because I knew I need time to get over it. After 2 weeks of being ignored i finally got a hint and left it alone.
To celebrate me just being happy again i returned to the bar only to see him!
fine!...it is a public place
But no he had to come speak with me and had the AUDACITY to inquire about the recent silence between us
At this point i snapped!
the point of this is that people are still blinded by race. The person in question; even though he likes me, the problem is that his family is racist. yea you read correctly. In the year 2011 we are still not colourblind; i guess i should know better since in my own country we have racial segregation around election time.
i miss him but life goes on...however i think as a whole we have bigger issues than the fact that we're not the same race. I guess being mixed having both indian and black family; i see things differently.
But, things end and I am ready to move on; I know God has a lot in store for me ....hopefully with less ignorant people

Dija

No comments:

Post a Comment